Sunday, November 13, 2011

The Wood Whisperer Lumber Rack

This is my attempt at The Wood Whisperer Lumber Rack.  I think it came out pretty good.  I had to make a few alterations to Marc's design to fit my needs.  It is basically half a lumber rack, it comes down about three feet from the ceiling.  I also had to shorten the lumber supports so that they don't stick out past the doorway.  Thanks for the great design Marc!

This is the support system lag screwed to the wall.


I carefully cut the first plywood shelf support using my table saw sled.  Then I used that cutoff piece to make a stop block system.  Then I used the second cutoff to make the stop block system easier to clamp to the sled.  I have to shout out to my high school geometry teacher for this one... Thanks Mr. Austin.  Here is a shot of the stop block setup.


Here are the resulting supports.  All the same!


After the glue up and setup, here is the lumber rack completed.


The cutoffs from the shelf supports are going to make my nephew Coy a cool little ramp for his remote control cars.

No comments:

Post a Comment